Degree: D.Phil., University of Oxford, FBA, Fellow of the Econometric Society, Fellow of the European Economic Association
Tel.: 01865 271085
Office: Room 2112 (Phase II, 2nd floor)
Manor Road Building Oxford OX1 3UQ
Website: Personal Website
- Peter Neary awarded ERC Advanced Grant
- Our congratulations to Professor Peter Neary on becoming President-Elect of the Royal Economic Society. Peter will serve as President for 2017-18.
Latest working papers
- When The Threat Is Stronger Than The Execution: Trade Liberalization And Welfare Under Oligopoly
- Technology, Demand, And The Size Distribution Of Firms.
- International Trade in General Oligopolistic Equilibrium
- Testing The Core-competency Model of Multi-Product Exporters
- Together at Last: Trade Costs, Demand Structure, and Welfare
- Not so demanding: Preference structure, firm behavior, and welfare
Professor of Economics and Fellow of Merton College
International Trade, Industrial Organisation, Index Numbers
Summary: I am an applied microeconomic theorist who works mainly on international trade as well as on industrial organization and index numbers. My current interests include: oligopoly in general equilibrium, and its implications for international trade and investment; multi-product firms; trade policy reform in the presence of revenue constraints; and international comparisons of real income and GNP.