Monetary Economics and International Finance
2022 course dates forthcoming.
The Monetary Economics and International Finance summer school will run as two parallel but complementary modules:
- Monetary Economics (Morning Session)
- International Finance (Afternoon Session)
Participants can consider taking one or both modules. Each course will run for 3 hours each day, including 2 hours of lecture style teaching followed by 1 hour of practical sessions. Lunch and evening activities are open to all participants.
We will be delivering the course in person in Oxford, with safety precautions in place, see below for further information. We will also stream the sessions for those who can't travel to Oxford, or don't wish to attend in person currently.
- The Monetary Transmission Mechanism
- The New Keynesian Model
- Financial Frictions
- Central bank Design
- Central Bank Communication
- Evidence on the Dilemma vs. Trilemma debate
- A model for the international transmission of financial shocks
- How should policy deal with international financial shocks?
- The Euro Area: current account imbalances, the debt crisis, and monetary policy
- Capital flows and inequality
Who can attend?
The course is primarily aimed at PhD students and researchers in central banks and other international institutions.
We will follow all government guidelines that are in place at the time of the summer school.
- Students/Academics: £950 for one course, £1500 for both courses
- Professionals: £1500 for one course, £2500 for both courses
The price does not cover accommodation, but participants are welcome to add accomodation onto their package. If you'd like to book your accomodation with us, please indicate your preference in the application form. We will inform participants when accomodation is available to be booked.
How to Apply
Applications will open soon for the 2022 programme.
Once your application has been submitted, it will be reviewed by the course tutors. Please ensure that you provide all the necessary information to help us process your application as quickly as possible.
You will then receive an email notification to confirm whether or not you have been accepted onto the course.
For those that have been offered a place, you will receive the link to pay the tuition fee via a secure portal. Please note we require payment to secure your place, and all payments must be received at least two weeks before the course start date.
Once payment has been received, you will receive confirmation of your place on the course(s), and further information so you have everything you need.
For general queries, including payment and application please email firstname.lastname@example.org