- Massimo Antonini
- Guido Ascari
- Vanessa Berenguer Rico
- Christopher Bowdler
- James Duffy
- Martin Ellison - Convenor
- Andrea Ferrero
- Basile Grassi
- Richard Mash
- Sophocles Mavroeidis
- John Muellbauer
- Michalis Rousakis
- Rick Van der Ploeg
- Francesco Zanetti
Group Convenor: Martin Ellison
The research interests of the group cover a wide range of issues in macroeconomics and macroeconomic policy. The group is complemented by a steady flow of visitors from policy-making and academic institutions, making for lively intellectual and social interactions.
There is a weekly seminar series with external speakers held in collaboration with Exeter College under the generous sponsorship of Banco Santander, plus informal workshops where faculty and students present their work in progress.
• Guido Ascari, "The Macroeconomics of Trend Inflation" (with Argia Sbordone), Journal of Economic Literature, 2014
• Paul Beaudry, "Is The Macroeconomy Locally Unstable and Why Should we Care?" (with Dana Galizia and Franck Portier), NBER Macro Annual 2016
• Martin Ellison, "Welfare cost of business cycles in economies with idiosyncratic consumption risk and a preference for robustness" (with Tom Sargent),American Economic Journal: Macroeconomics, 2015
• Andrea Ferrero, "Has U.S. Monetary Policy Tracked the Efficient Interest Rate?" (with Vasco Nurdia, Ging Cee Ng and Andrea Tambalotti), Journal of Monetary Economics, 2016
• Sophocles Mavroeidis, "Identification using stability restrictions" (with Leandro Magnusson), Econometrica, 2014
• Rick van der Ploeg, "The Elephant in the ground: managing oil and sovereign wealth” (with Ton S. van den Bremer and Samuel Wills), European Economic Review, 2016
• Francesco Zanetti, "Factor Adjustment Costs: a Structural Investigation" (with Haroon Mumtaz), Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, 2015
Current research grants
• Francesco Zanetti, The Leverhulme Trust Research Grant, "Where is the news in business cycles? A new approach with novel methodologies." 2014-2017
• Sam Wills, ESRC Future Research Leaders Grant, "Riding the boom: how should monetary and fiscal policy manage natural resource wealth " 2013-2016.
If you would like to find out more about the research and activities of the research group then please contact the convenor.