Degree: Ph.D Harvard
College: All Souls
Tel.: 01865 281294
Office: Rm 248 (Phase I, 2nd floor) Manor Road Building Oxford OX1 3UQ
Website: Personal Website
Latest working papers
- When Britain turned inward: Protection and the shift towards Empire in interwar Britain
- Independent Ireland in Comparative Perspective
- Economic Impossibilities For Our Grandchildren?
- Growth, Import Dependence and War
- The growing dependence of Britain on trade during the Industrial Revolution
- Coal and the European Industrial Revolution
Kevin Hjortshøj O'Rourke
Chichele Professor of Economic History
My research lies at the intersection of economic history and international economics, particularly international trade.
My current research on international trade during the Great Depression is funded by the European Research Council (ERC).
- MPhil Economic History 2: Money, Finance and Cycles in History
Globalization and History (co-authored with Jeffrey G. Williamson) won the 1999 American Association of Publishers/PSP Award for the best scholarly book in economics. Power and Plenty: Trade, War and the World Economy in the Second Millennium, co-authored with Ronald Findlay, was published by Princeton University Press in 2007.