Degree: Ph.D., University of Cambridge
Tel.: 01865 271067
Office: Rm 261 (Phase I, 2nd floor)
Manor Road Building
Oxford OX1 3UQ
Latest working papers
Professor of Economics
Macroeconomic theory and policy; international macroeconomics new theories of international trade, imperfect competition and technology transfer.
Summary: My research has focused on:
- Fiscal and monetary policy within the European Monetary Union and its implications for the reform of the Stability and Growth Pact in Europe;
- International Financial Crises, and the implication of these crises for reform of the crisis-management process at the International Monetary Fund;
- The implications of the fall of the dollar, and of Chinese exchange-rate policy for the reform of the international monetary system.
- MPhil Advanced Macroeconomics 2 (Convenor)
- UG International Economics (Convenor)